Monday 13 April 2020

I am still alive

I have not posted for a very long time and may not again for a simililarly long time. Indeed this might be the last unless I become motivated again if we ever retire and move.

Soon after we decided to try selling and retiring I began to suffer ill health. Nothing to do with the idea of retiring, just co-incidental I think. I was noticeably slowing and having great problems maintaining the quinta to the level I wanted. I collapsed a couple of times and decided I should have it all checked out. The outcome was replacement of a heart valve and three arteries bypassed. I had reached the stage where I was seriously considering having both knees repaired/replaced and of course that idea has had to be scrapped. Recovery from the heart operation is very slow and I have had to accept I will never regain the strength and agility required to do everything necessary, so after advertising being on hold for many months we decided to resurrect it all.

We had an immediate response including an offer good enough to accept, but this awful virus struck and the proposed buyer withdrew. Understandable since neither of us would have been able to move. Other interest is also on hold.

This means we are now here until everyone is able to move about the world again, and since there is virtually nothing happening here apart from routine mainenance there is nothing much to blog about.

We have been in quarantine for several weeks due to a combination of old age and my not too distant operation putting us at higher risk than younger and fitter folks. We have arrangements for occsional food deliveries and can take several months of quarantine so long as we can have a food deliery every few weeks.

Please everyone, do what you can to avoid close contact with people - I know it is unavoidable for some, but I also know of others where it can be avoided and is not.




No comments:

Post a Comment